Skip to main content

Week 3A: Aesthetics, Design, and Branding

Aesthetics, Design, and Branding 

San Diego’s Craig List

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/


A website should be enticing to its visitor upon immediate arrival. The first impression is a very significant feeling that could either make or break you. For a business, this first impression could leave some interested or uninterested in the products being sold. When visiting San Diego’s Craigslist website, I immediately found the website to be dull and unwelcoming. The website seemed to lack design factors such as colors, photos, a variety of fonts, and other appealing features. The website presents itself as almost overwhelming due to the fact that the first thing you see is a long  list of categories. The lack of design from Craig’s list could be the least of their worries due to the fact that they are not necessarily branding anything of their own rather they are a platform for other people to brand themselves and sell their own property thus making it not a priority to necessarily advertise themself. 


Atari Best Electronics

https://best-electronics-ca.com/


A website's initial page should be the least overwhelming. A visitor wants to feel as if they can easily obtain the information they need through a well organized and developed website. The Best Electronics Website immediately brings upon an overwhelming feeling when i open the link. My brain scattered and I had no idea where to even start. Most people do not want to read a ton when looking for pieces of information on the internet as it is typically the easy way out for most people. This site is completely congested and presented itself as book before a website. Although the website utilized different font sizes, it was difficult to stay on track as to where I was reading. The same words were bolded and colored multiple times and their were a ton of outside links that the website would take me too. This website ultimately needs to develop a more impactful theme develop a system of organization in which people will be able to understand and obtain i formation in a timely manner. 


Head Hunter Hairstyling 

http://www.headhunterhairstyling.com/


When developing a brand for yourself and making it visible to the consumer, it is sometimes important to understand that less can be more. It is not always in the best interest of the business owner to provide every piece of information up front and try to over inform the consumer. I also believe that there should be a relative relationship to the amount of pictures vs. text that is presented on a page. I feel like the Head Hunter Hairstyling website did a good job with utilizing both photos and text in order to present their brand to consumers. The layout of the page is spacious and organized. They used a solid color theme that was interesting yet not overwhelming to the rest of the page. The links were easily excessive and navigation through the website led me to find the information that I was looking for in a timely manner. 


Toyota 

http://www.toyota.com/


When shopping for vehicles, many people already have no idea what they are even looking for in terms of the details. They might know the basics such as whether they want a truck or a car, blue or black, 4 seats or 6 seats, etc. The missing information needs to be easily filled in for them in order for the consumer to feel comfortable in purchasing something from your brand. Toyota makes use of this important idea by easily producing the information in an organized form. I was able to easily find a vehicle that I found would best suit me and gather the information needed in order to make a honorable decision. I was also able to view photos of the vehicle so that I was aware of what I was going to be purchasing. Toyota also offers a feature in which it will easily step by step allow you to build your perfect toyota by changing factors such as the power chain, color, seat and floor accessories, etc. As a consumer we love our freedom of choice and that is exactly what is presented here. 


I am a major supporter of the internet and businesses using it to promote themselves and sake their products. As a consumer I enjoy seeing the easy going websites that are organized and present information with easy access. After viewing multiple websites today in which many were overwhelming, connected, disorganized, and bland, I began to appreciate many of the sites that I visited in the past that were the opposite. I learned that a little can go a long way and in fact is in most case scenarios more beneficial. I learned how using photos in the appropriate spots can allow the visitor to take a break from information and entice their brains with what they were soon to obtain if they chose to buy something. Overall, I believe that design is a major component of branding and if the consumer is not engaged in what you are presenting then it will be difficult to have a prospering business. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12A: Using Business Specific Online Tools

In researching the available tools this week, I found that there are various amounts of sources in which one has the ability to promote their business. I believe that in our current times, using online collaboration tools has become increasingly popular amongst the business world as so many people are participating remotely. An example of this could be through Microsoft Teams in which there are tools provided in the software that allow you to communicate and take the proper steps in order to enhance the project at hand. For social networking, I looked into what Hivebrite had to offer as it allowed for people to share their knowledge, collaborate, get feedback, and enhance opportunities. With a well organized platform like this, business owners and professionals will be able to efficiently make the neccessary adaptions to successfully  grow their business and brand.  I think that google offers so many tools that people tend to miss out on simply because they did not know that they exist

Week 1A: My Blog Theme

The unique ability to create a blog allows for creativity to shine in the brightest light. in creating my blog I wanted to find something that not only caught my eye but others as well while simultaneously keep things sweet and simple. After trying a couple of different options, I decided to keep a basic theme focused on solid colors that complimented one another. I found that while using blogger, there was quite a bit of room to allow me to make changes and customize my blog in the manner that best fit me including tools such as changing the background whether it be to a picture, color backdrop, or even an offered template of my picking. Blogger also allowed to make decisions such as my font, color of font, and size of font. All of these aspects are important in determining how the blog will best attract the readers attention.  As I initially began browsing through my options for a theme, I automatically went to customize. I searched through the many background options that were offer

Week 1B: Social Media Use Today

     There are many different social media outlets that are utilized for different purposes to ultimately reach a goal. The basic idea associated with social media deals with the idea that a website or application is used to allow users to participate in sharing content in order to network. Social media has the ability to develop various primary concept such as making the purpose posting photos or posting thoughts/feelings. An important aspect of social media is the ability to have open communication resources allowing for comments and reactions to one another post. Personally, I believe that are many pros and cons that are associated with social media and it is hard to determine whether it is truly a negative component  of society or if it can ultimately beneficial to society. I think that social media is defined by its users and the way that the users utilize the many different apps.       Social media has the ability to gain a negative reputation based on many different theories. A