Skip to main content

Week 6A: Engaging Your Customer: Facebook Strategies

In creating my own personal business page, I felt that it was important to find something similar to my own business so that I can see what pages had similar features and if they were successful in utilizing these features. I was able to find a couple of different pages that had different goals and purposes for being created. I found the following business pages to be useful in my search:

"Nail Design" 

Nail Design had a grabbing profile picture that caught my attention and made me want to see what was on their page. They are pretty popular on Facebook as they have 655,000 followers on their page. Most of their posts are videos of different types of nail designs for inspiration. 

"Happiness Nails & Spa"

I liked this page due to the fact that it is a local and well known nail salon nearby. I feel like although my business is primarily online and not in a salon, I believe that they have very useful tools that they incorporate on their page. They have 7,900 followers which shows that they are popular. They use features such as the "call now" tool which allows clients too easily reach them. Many of the posts on their page are photos of nails that they have designed at their shop which provides inspiration to others as well. 

"Press on Nails" 

This page is a press on nails and online beauty supply company. The page has about 7,000 followers and focus on providing beauty supplies. This page made use of the "Shop Now" tool that is offered on Facebook in which customers can easily press the link and be rerouted to their website to browse their options. The press on nail company usually posts new press ons that they have received for sale. This allows the customers to immediately see what new options are available to them. 

"Pressed By Mariah Press On Nails" 

I chose to like this page due the fact that it is a personal business rather than the other accounts. This account seemed to have a smaller following and trying to promote their own business. This page has about 220 followers and offers posts such as advertisements for new press ons and others that are on sale and specials as well. I noticed that her method of service was direct message. I feel like that may be a more personal technique rather than ordering through a website which is cool as well. 

"Press On Nails Supplier"

This business has about 17,000 followers  in which their ultimate goal is to promote their personal press on nail brand. Most of the posts on this account are promoting the different press on nail brands and the many sets that they have to offer. I found that this brand was based out of china. I like the fact that I am able to see the many different types of countries and how their brands are promoted. This business uses a lot of hashtags in order to reach different peoples personal pages. 

"Snapped Luxury Press Ons"

This account caught my attention based on the fact that they had their own developed cover photo. I feel like this would be a good addition to my business page if I create a photo that best represents my page. I also appreciate the fact that there are a variety of post in which some are videos and others are photos and they are natural in the way that they are taken so that one has the ability to see the exact product that they would be getting. 

"Daydream Press on Nails" 

This nail page has about 1.3k followers and is beauty, cosmetic, and personal care line. I thought that this page was different because the language shows that it is from outside of the U.S. Other than the language being an indicator, I feel like the style of the nails are also noticeably different in which it would be cool to get some sort of inspiration from them. 

Each of the previous pages noted all have different aspects to them in which I feel that I could use for my own personal business page. Some differed in the way they reached clients through the phone or websites, while others differed in the content that they were sharing. I appreciated each of these accounts for being unique in their own way which helps me better understand my own account. I noticed that some accounts had a lot more engagement on the posts than others and it typically increased with the followers as I would have expected. I believe that if incorporate bits and pieces from each, then I will have a successful page myself. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12A: Using Business Specific Online Tools

In researching the available tools this week, I found that there are various amounts of sources in which one has the ability to promote their business. I believe that in our current times, using online collaboration tools has become increasingly popular amongst the business world as so many people are participating remotely. An example of this could be through Microsoft Teams in which there are tools provided in the software that allow you to communicate and take the proper steps in order to enhance the project at hand. For social networking, I looked into what Hivebrite had to offer as it allowed for people to share their knowledge, collaborate, get feedback, and enhance opportunities. With a well organized platform like this, business owners and professionals will be able to efficiently make the neccessary adaptions to successfully  grow their business and brand.  I think that google offers so many tools that people tend to miss out on simply because they did not know that they exist

Week 1A: My Blog Theme

The unique ability to create a blog allows for creativity to shine in the brightest light. in creating my blog I wanted to find something that not only caught my eye but others as well while simultaneously keep things sweet and simple. After trying a couple of different options, I decided to keep a basic theme focused on solid colors that complimented one another. I found that while using blogger, there was quite a bit of room to allow me to make changes and customize my blog in the manner that best fit me including tools such as changing the background whether it be to a picture, color backdrop, or even an offered template of my picking. Blogger also allowed to make decisions such as my font, color of font, and size of font. All of these aspects are important in determining how the blog will best attract the readers attention.  As I initially began browsing through my options for a theme, I automatically went to customize. I searched through the many background options that were offer

Week 1B: Social Media Use Today

     There are many different social media outlets that are utilized for different purposes to ultimately reach a goal. The basic idea associated with social media deals with the idea that a website or application is used to allow users to participate in sharing content in order to network. Social media has the ability to develop various primary concept such as making the purpose posting photos or posting thoughts/feelings. An important aspect of social media is the ability to have open communication resources allowing for comments and reactions to one another post. Personally, I believe that are many pros and cons that are associated with social media and it is hard to determine whether it is truly a negative component  of society or if it can ultimately beneficial to society. I think that social media is defined by its users and the way that the users utilize the many different apps.       Social media has the ability to gain a negative reputation based on many different theories. A