Skip to main content

Week 7 Part B: How Other Businesses Use Instagram

My Business v. Their Business 

In looking at my classmates instagrams I was able to see many similarities and differences throughout their feed and how they promote their products. I decided to look at @purpletsunamiclothing and @california_rad_patches in order to find comparisons and differences. An interesting technique that I noticed was used on the patches page was that he utilized a an outside source in order to promote his brand. I thought that this was cool being that TikTok is such a popular platform today and often engages many different types of audiences. An aspect of the Purple Tsunami Clothing brand that I would take into account is the minimalist nature of the page. I think that things remain simple and that it is not overbearing to understand. 

In looking at the different accounts in regards to selling products and offering a service. I think that there are many similarities and many differences as well. In viewing many different pages it was clear to determine that the common ground was gaining profit from something that is valued to them. I think that the accounts I viewed that were more focused on providing a service used promotional techniques such as posting business times, deals, and examples of their performance. On the contrary, I believe that the businesses aiming to sell a product placed their primary focus on how to order the products, what was available, and what new was to come. I think that both require a lot of detail in determining which audience to reach and when to reach them. 

After doing all of this research I believe that I 'do have the ability to better may own account in many ways. I think that the photos and videos on my account can be more creative and inclusive to buy brand. I think that I can also focus more on the primary times to post and how to fully engage my followers in what I am selling. I think that if I am able to make a few adjustments and add my own spice to the account then it has the ability to become a very successful tool in promoting my brand. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12A: Using Business Specific Online Tools

In researching the available tools this week, I found that there are various amounts of sources in which one has the ability to promote their business. I believe that in our current times, using online collaboration tools has become increasingly popular amongst the business world as so many people are participating remotely. An example of this could be through Microsoft Teams in which there are tools provided in the software that allow you to communicate and take the proper steps in order to enhance the project at hand. For social networking, I looked into what Hivebrite had to offer as it allowed for people to share their knowledge, collaborate, get feedback, and enhance opportunities. With a well organized platform like this, business owners and professionals will be able to efficiently make the neccessary adaptions to successfully  grow their business and brand.  I think that google offers so many tools that people tend to miss out on simply because they did not know that t...

Week 1A: My Blog Theme

The unique ability to create a blog allows for creativity to shine in the brightest light. in creating my blog I wanted to find something that not only caught my eye but others as well while simultaneously keep things sweet and simple. After trying a couple of different options, I decided to keep a basic theme focused on solid colors that complimented one another. I found that while using blogger, there was quite a bit of room to allow me to make changes and customize my blog in the manner that best fit me including tools such as changing the background whether it be to a picture, color backdrop, or even an offered template of my picking. Blogger also allowed to make decisions such as my font, color of font, and size of font. All of these aspects are important in determining how the blog will best attract the readers attention.  As I initially began browsing through my options for a theme, I automatically went to customize. I searched through the many background options that were o...

Week 14: Social Media Tools

Social Media Management  There are many tools that are useful when trying to maintain multiple different social media platforms. With the many different social media platforms, it can be important to ensure that each ground is covered to reach each person. I think that there are several different social media softwares that will allow one to be the most successful in their own perspective.  "Hootsuite" This system is designed to make using social media easier in many dimensions. This social media organizer has features such as scheduling when to publish, measure your performance, post directly from the app, build fans, track trends, etc. This system does offer a 30 day trial in which you can determine if you would like to move forward with their services starting at $49 a month.  "Loomly" This system also for some of the similar features as mentioned in regards to the "Hootsuite" application. Loomly will allow you to schedule, collaborate, and become inspi...