Skip to main content

Week 8 Part A: How to Expand Your Reach on Instagram by Using Hashtags

Hashtags in Various Accounts  

@pressedbycharlotte_

The aesthetic of this account was interesting to me because I enjoyed how simple and consistent each post was. Sometimes it is nice to see a clean feed. Most of the hashtags that are utilize on this account pertain to the nail business in general and are repeated in many different posts. They also utilized the hashtags at the end of the caption in which their were many of them. This account has a wide range of audience as there is a total of 130,000 followers and they range around 3,000 to 8,000 likes on their posts. 

@luxxinails

This page is based around selling press on nails, as like my page as well. This business utilizes features such as the story highlights, a website in the bio, and a variety of other tools that instagram has to offer. Although this account does not place a heavy emphasis on the use of hashtags in every post, there are some that are full of hashtags in which they are able to reach multiple outlets. Most of the hashtags are at the end of the captions and deal with the photo that was posted. There didn't seem to be a specific order in which the hashtags were placed they were just all based around the same theme. 

@nailsxartsv

I liked this page because it seemed to be a little different from the other accounts that I chose to look at. There was a pattern of the same nails being used throughout the page and they were all in packaging rather than on peoples hands as I noticed in the others. I also noticed that this account was based out of El Salvador which was interesting to see if they still used instagram in the same aspect. The hashtags that they used were also utilized at the end of the caption and were basic in terms of what was being tagged. This account also did not have as many followers as the other accounts that I chose but they had some of the same features such as using the story highlights and tagging the website in their bio. This allows for consumers to easily access their brand. 

@pressonsby

This account also carried a lot fewer followers than some of the other accounts that I chose but I felt that they had a wider variety of posts in regards to what information was being offered. This account has multiple "how to" post which are attention grabbers to the consumers in the need of guidance or whom want to gain the knowledge. This account uses hashtags to the highest degree and ventured outside the box to even make references to being a small business owner. I think that this hashtag is useful because a lot of people are looking to support small businesses and this easily places them in that realm. I think overusing the hashtags can be difficult to read sometimes but I think with a small business it is important to get your name out there. 

I think that each of these accounts utilize hashtags in their own unique way. Although they all end their captions with these, they are unique to their post and their business. I think that I can make hashtags more useful on my account in order to gain a larger audience and reach people that may not just simply come across my post. My goal is to start utilizing hash tags in each post the best way possible. 

Comments

  1. I like how you analyzed each of these accounts to see how they utilize hashtags. The way each of these accounts use hashtags is helpful to learn. I think it was interesting that all of the accounts put their hashtags in their caption. Seeing what works for these businesses and taking inspiration from them can help us improve our Instagram accounts, so I hope you can learn a lot and can meet your goal of utilizing hashtags in the best way possible!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12A: Using Business Specific Online Tools

In researching the available tools this week, I found that there are various amounts of sources in which one has the ability to promote their business. I believe that in our current times, using online collaboration tools has become increasingly popular amongst the business world as so many people are participating remotely. An example of this could be through Microsoft Teams in which there are tools provided in the software that allow you to communicate and take the proper steps in order to enhance the project at hand. For social networking, I looked into what Hivebrite had to offer as it allowed for people to share their knowledge, collaborate, get feedback, and enhance opportunities. With a well organized platform like this, business owners and professionals will be able to efficiently make the neccessary adaptions to successfully  grow their business and brand.  I think that google offers so many tools that people tend to miss out on simply because they did not know that they exist

Week 1A: My Blog Theme

The unique ability to create a blog allows for creativity to shine in the brightest light. in creating my blog I wanted to find something that not only caught my eye but others as well while simultaneously keep things sweet and simple. After trying a couple of different options, I decided to keep a basic theme focused on solid colors that complimented one another. I found that while using blogger, there was quite a bit of room to allow me to make changes and customize my blog in the manner that best fit me including tools such as changing the background whether it be to a picture, color backdrop, or even an offered template of my picking. Blogger also allowed to make decisions such as my font, color of font, and size of font. All of these aspects are important in determining how the blog will best attract the readers attention.  As I initially began browsing through my options for a theme, I automatically went to customize. I searched through the many background options that were offer

Week 1B: Social Media Use Today

     There are many different social media outlets that are utilized for different purposes to ultimately reach a goal. The basic idea associated with social media deals with the idea that a website or application is used to allow users to participate in sharing content in order to network. Social media has the ability to develop various primary concept such as making the purpose posting photos or posting thoughts/feelings. An important aspect of social media is the ability to have open communication resources allowing for comments and reactions to one another post. Personally, I believe that are many pros and cons that are associated with social media and it is hard to determine whether it is truly a negative component  of society or if it can ultimately beneficial to society. I think that social media is defined by its users and the way that the users utilize the many different apps.       Social media has the ability to gain a negative reputation based on many different theories. A